This past week we read chapters 11-15 and they contain some pretty humiliating scenes for Emma! I think we can all agree though that she kind of deserved it. Poor Harriet, though, did not.
What are your thoughts so far?
Did anyone else notice that Elton's interest in Emma is especially obvious when Harriet isn't around?
Here's some discussion questions to ponder on.
- What kind of man is John Knightley? How wife? What kind of marriage do they have?
- Compare and contrast the two Knightley brothers.
- Compare and contrast the two Woodhouse sisters.
- What is your first impression of Frank Churchill that you get from people's conversation about him.
- How is Mr. Elton's character revealed through his conversation with Emma?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin