Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Healthy Cookies

With trying to be all health conscious one of the most important things for me has been getting a good breakfast in every day. The other day I found a recipe for Healthy cookies that had three ingredients: oats, bananas, and walnuts.  We had a banana that was about ready to go bad so I thought, why not?   These aren't gourmet cooking or anything, but they do taste pretty good.  They taste a lot like banana bread.  Since I only had one banana I made only eight. They took just a few minutes to mix up and then it was just the baking time.  Warm from the oven they are pretty good but I think they are just fine also a couple days later. Because of the banana they keep their moistness. They are perfect for breakfast as a lot of them can easily be made ahead and they keep well.  The best part is they really are healthy. There are about fifty calories apiece. I like to have three.... and then close the lid so I can't have anymore. Try them out you might find you like them.

Healthy Cookies- Makes 16
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 cup oats
1/4 cup crushed walnuts (I used pecans)
Mix together all ingredients and then place by tablespoon on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350˚ F for 15 min.
The author of the recipe suggested trying different ingredients like raisins, chocolate chips, cinnamon, or almonds.

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...