Saturday, September 5, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award #2

Ria over at Lilac Diaries nominated me for my second Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! Thank you Ria! :)

The rules are:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you. Done above! 
  • Use the award logo on your post. Done! 
  • Answer the ten questions provided by the blogger who tagged you. Will do below. 
  • Nominate ten bloggers. If you're reading this... you're nominated! 
  • Ask them ten questions. I'll just use the questions from the last time I did this. #lazy ;)

Here are my answers to Ria's questions
  • What got you into reading?- My dad for sure. Him and my mom. They both taught me to read and my dad was always handing me books to read as I grew up and still does to this day. 
  • Do you judge a book by its cover?- No. 
  • What do you love the most about blogging?- Getting nice comments. ;) I love finding other bloggers that I have random things in common with. 
  • How did you come up with your blog title?- I was trying to come up with something clever for my blog title and everything I wanted was claimed except You, Me and a Cup of Tea. I planned to blog about tea.... obviously my blog has grown since then. ;) 
  • Do you collect bookish items? Which is your favorite item, then?- I have a couple Doctor Who bookmarks and I have some other bookish bookmarks that I've won in giveaways. I don't necessarily go out looking for bookish items though. Any sort of Jane Austen or LOTR memorabilia I will be sorely tempted to get though. 
  • Have you ever wished to have a super power? What did you wish for?- Why not? ;) Invisibility or flying. 
  • Which is your favorite Christmas book/novel/novella/short story?- I'm blanking all of a sudden! I know I have favorites though. My mom always gets all of the Christmas books out and put them in a basket underneath the Christmas tree. I always liked The Bird's Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin and I also liked The Story of Holly and Ivy by Rumer Godden. Peter Spier also has a Christmas book I liked a lot. 
  • Have you ever wished to live in a fantasy world? If yes, which one would you choose? (like Hogwarts, Austen world, The Hobbit, Alice's Wonderland, The land of OZ etc).- Austen world? Yes! (Note.... Iv'e not read the Austenland books so no clue about them.) Hogwarts... duh! Middle Earth... yes! Mostly the Shire though. :)
  • Did you hear about J.K. Rowling's tweet mentioning Harry Potter's son, James's first year at Hogwarts. What do you think of it? Are you excited?- I did think that was pretty cool. It makes me want to re-read the books again.... and I JUST RE-READ THEM!!!! 
  • 'Happily ever after' exists only in books. Is it true? What do you think of it?- It depends on what you mean by Happily Ever After. Disney Happily Ever After... not really. Happily Ever After in general though yes. 

My Questions 
  • Do you have any nicknames?
  • Favorite movie?
  • Favorite book? 
  • Favorite TV show?
  • How many siblings do you have? 
  • How many kids would you like to have? OR If you already have kids... How many kids do you have and do you want more?
  • What is your favorite activity to do with your family?
  • What is your current school status?
  • Dream vacation (if money was no object)?
  • Do you like tea? (just cause) ;)
And yes.... I updated my blog header. I like it. ;)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. You blogged about tea! hmm, I got to read your earlier posts then :) and I also will check out the Christmas novels, you suggested.
    Loved reading your answers.

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was inspired to try a slightly bigger look from your header actually. :)

      Delete
  3. Yo, Lo! (Not to be confused with #YOLO ;-)) I have a message almost ready (hundreds of pages, j/k), so you'll be hearing from me again soon (later tonight or whatever) when I get back to finish! Talk about #lazy :-/

    I've been waiting to reply to this the last couple weeks -- just a couple parts I guess. Although it IS the "Sisterhood" award... :-O

    Great super power choices! (Same.) :^) Your questions...

    Nicknames? THIS I guess...? Since my name is actually Matthew. Or "Matt-moo." :-P

    Favorite movie/book/show? Ahh, I don't know! For book type, maybe any sort of non-fiction technical book. 8-)

    1 full sibling, 3 half, which you know -- if you remember back that far. ;o)

    Kids to have? I liked your answer of, I believe, "a ton" in your Dream Home post from last year -- a really cool post I never commented about, BTW. :-) But then, I'm not the one having them, so...

    Family activity? Watching stuff...? Although that doesn't satisfy the ACTIVE part, I guess...

    Done with school for a long time.

    Vacation, I don't know... I guess I could pick Australia. Or how about space? :-O

    Definitely don't like tea, haha. But I do like the beverage(s) in another one of your posts from the last months that I also wanted to comment on (hopefully soon, slowly over the next little bit as I think of them).


    And yup, I noticed your new header right away, checking back most every day. :O) While I can't understand it, haha, the "freak out" part is pretty awesome!


    God bless and talk to ya later!!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...