Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Top Ten Books I Want my Future Children to Read

I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday in a long time partly because the themes haven't appealed to me and partly because I've just been lazy. However the theme of the top ten books I want my future children to read especially appealed to me with expecting our first children. I love books, my husband loves books so I'm pretty sure we're going to bring up some book lovers. The books I've listed are ones that I loved as a kid and are quality books.  I didn't include any picture books or older level books but stuck with more grade school books. Of course it was hard to narrow down to just ten books so sacrifices had to be made.

  1. The Mad Scientist Club by Bertrand Brinley 
  2. Detectives in Togas Henry Winterfield 
  3. Freddy Goes to Florida by Walter R. Brooks
  4. Redwall by Brian Jacques
  5. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  6. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery 
  7. Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
  8. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll  
  9. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  10. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. As an adult I still love reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - it's such a magical story! I absolutely adored The Phantom Tollbooth as a kid - so fun and creative. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult narrowing it down to ten. I would definitely add The Wind in the Willows and Little Women, but would probably end up with at least twenty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnie the Pooh, Narnia, and Redwall are a must!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...