Truth is, with getting married, managing a household and now a baby on the way my life is legitimately more busy than it used to be. I have a nursing license that will need to be renewed soon, a social life I pretend to keep up and did I mention that I'm pregnant.... that's exhausting by itself. Oftentimes I just want to lay down and shut my eyes... not lay down and read a book.
Ah excuses. I have lots of them. My goal right now is to take care of my legitimate excuses first and then brush aside my not so legitimate excuses and take the time to read some more.
With that in mind... here's what's been going on in my reading life of late.
- The Once and Future King by T.H. White
- Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
- Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey
- The Mortification of Sin by John Owen
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charle Dickens (audiobook) (re-read)
- God Is by Mark Jones
Finished in the past couple months
- Lila by Marilynne Robinson
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay- See my review HERE.
So here's hoping my reading picks up like I dream it will!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin