Monday, October 23, 2017

It's Monday! Sixteen Weeks

I'm now sixteen weeks pregnant! Part of me can't believe I'm that far along already and part of me is ready to fast forward a bit... not too much just a bit. Let's not get too crazy. Here's a couple sixteen week bump pictures I took recently because I was getting complaints of lack of bump pictures. There just hadn't been a super evident bump yet. I could tell but it was hard to tell in pictures. Now though it's starting to pop out more.


Anyways.... reading. I've been a bit better about reading recently but still have a lot to do. My goal is to focus on completing my classics club goal and not worry about any other reading challenges... not worry too much that is.... I still worry a little. ;) To really kick that goal off I started reading War and Peace (my greatest reading fear) on the Serial Reader app (thanks Julie for recommending it). I'm finding reading War and Peace much more tangible right now thanks to the app and actually enjoyable. I still have many other books to go on my classics club list but getting War and Peace out of the way will be a blessing.
My book club chose to read Call the Midwife for the next month which was my excuse to finally get it read! I was so excited about that and I can't wait to read the other two books in the series.

Currently Reading

  • War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  • The Once and Future King by T.H. White
  • God Is by Mark Jones
  • Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
  • The Mortification of Sin by John Owen
  • A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (re-read) (audiobook)
  • Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey 

Finished Recently

  • Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth 
I'm not wanting to start anything more (unless I have to like for book club or something) until I finish The Once and Future King and at least one of my nonfiction books. I don't know why I insist on reading so much nonfiction a the same time! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. You have such a cute baby bump! With my first, I really didn't start showing until I was about 20 weeks -- not enough for people to notice, anyway. (With babies 2 and 3, it was more like 6 weeks along, lol.)

    I've got too many books going right now and need to finish some myself. I'm having the same issue -- too many nonfiction books going! Hmph. Silly me.

    I haven't had the courage to start War and Peace yet, so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read War and Peace perhaps twenty years back while in seminary. Not for a class but just to say I had read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the baby bump! Isn't it nice when you finally look as pregnant as you feel and people can stop staring at you with that question in their eyes? Yup, there's really a baby in there! Have you felt him or her move yet?

    Good luck with your Classics Club list. I finished War and Peace the day before my little guy was born. You have been warned. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...