Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Back to the Classics Challenge Wrap Up

While I did fall off the bandwagon with many of my challenges this year I couldn't forsake one of my favorite challenges: the Back to the Classics Challenge! This challenge is hosted by Books and Chocolate. I didn't complete as many categories as I wanted to but I still got quite a few done!
So here's my wrap up post of all the books I completed for the challenge.
  1. A 19th Century Classic- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
  2. A 20th Century Classic- All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren 
  3. A classic by a woman author- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton 
  4. An adventure classic - Mr. Midshipman Hornblower by C.S. Forester  
  5. A fantasy, science fiction, or dystopian classic- Farmer Giles of Ham by J.R.R. Tolkien 
  6. A classic which includes the name of a place in the title- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
  7. A classic which has been banned or censored- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert 
  8. Re-read a classic you read in school (high school or college)- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  9. A volume of classic short stories- The Complete Stories of Flannery O Conner by Flannery O Conner
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I also read Flannery O'Conner for this challenge. I'm a bit on the fence yet, though leaning to a favorable, but as you say...bit uncomfortable impression. Nice choices for the rest as well.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...