Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Book Review- Prayer

For my non-fiction reading challenge and my clouds of witnesses reading challenge, and also just for general improvement I read John Bunyan's book Prayer.
Goodreads Synopsis: Two works on prayer are here brought together. In Praying in the Spirit Bunyan defines what it means to pray with the spirit and with the understanding, and deals with difficulties in prayer. In The Throne of Grace, he explains how to approach God's throne in prayer and opens up the blessings God's people receive from the high priestly ministry of Jesus Christ.
I really enjoyed the first half of the book but then in the second half I got a little bogged down. However, I would still say that this is an excellent book and I'm glad I read it. There are several quotes from it that I loved that I want to share here with you. I tend to take pictures of quotes I like in a book.


Unfortunately with this one, which is one of my favorites and one probably had me thinking the most,  I didn't take a picture of quite the whole quote. :( You get the general idea though.

This is also another great one. I love what he has to say about grace and sin. 

These mercy and grace definitions and distinctions are great.  
God's power over sin and His amazing love for us. 

There are a lot of other good quotes but I'd just encourage you to read it yourself. While it did drag for me at the end, the first part made it worth it. :) Also, the quotes were from both sections so please don't skip the end because it some great words of wisdom. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. How interesting to take pictures of quotes! I love, love, love quotes. And it's a neat idea! Thanks for sharing this review!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...