Saturday, November 1, 2014

Announcing the 2015 Hard Core Re-reading Challenge!!!!!

There are so many books that I really want to re-read that I have decided to host the 2015 Hard Core Re-Reading Challenge! This is for those of us who have a loooooooong list of books we want to re-read.

Rules (And when I say rules please realize I'm one of the most flexible people in existence)

  • First off, this challenge is for EVERYBODY! That means YOU! I want anyone and everyone to join in on the fun!
  • I suggest you make a list of books that you want to re-read for 2015 and post it with your sign up post. You are welcome to add to it as the year goes on and you definitely don't have to read them all. I recommend it be a suggested list and you can just chose books off of it as you go along.
  • The challenge officially runs from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. ONLY books started AND finished in that time frame will count. 
  • You can post your reviews for this challenge at THIS POST. That way not only can everyone enjoy other people's review but also that is how I'll keep track of how many books you complete for the drawing at the end (see below). I don't care how short or long your review is. :)
  • For every ten books you re-read your name will be entered in a drawing and if you complete the challenge you signed up for it is entered again. So even if you go overboard and think you can re-read fifty books but only end up re-reading 20, you can still be eligible for prizes! There will be three winners. The first place winner will get their choice of a book or a literary trinket (costing $20 or less) from Amazon. Second place will have the same option only costing $15 or less and third place the same costing $10 or less.... because I'm a poor nursing student people! ;)
  • All forms of books are allowable including actual book, ebook and audiobook. 
  • If you don't have a blog but still want to participate you can sign up with a comment and use Goodreads for reviews or I suppose even comment on the reviews page with your reviews. I don't want to exclude anyone from joining in the fun. :)
  • You can sign up below with the Linky tool. Registration is open from now right up until the end on December 31, 2015. 

Levels

Level 1 10-20 Re-reading itch
Level 2 20-30 Re-reading bug
Level 3 30-40 Re-reading fever
Level 4 40-50 Re-reading paralysis
Level 5 50+ Re-reading coma (if you can do this I highly commend you!)

Sign up HERE



I'm super excited about hosting this challenge. This year I did reading challenges for the first time and I have had tons of fun and have been challenged with my reading so I'm hoping to have double the fun (and challenge) hosting my own. :) As 2015 draws closer, I look forward to signing up for far too many challenges and I hope you will join me in that. :) If you are looking for challenges to sign up for, Novel Challenges is a blog that is kind of a central for all of the reading challenges so that's a great place to start. :)
Have a great day and God bless. :)
P.S. Be sure to check out my Birthday Month Reading Challenge HERE.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I'll be joining in this one, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely planning on joining. I am working on making my list. I was wondering if rereading picture books counted? I was planning on rereading/reading Dr. Seuss' books in chronological/publication order. If it doesn't count, that's okay. I'll still join and have plenty to reread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely they count! That's such a cool idea too! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, no! I think 10-20 (level 1) is maybe too high a commitment. I was thinking 2 or 3. Ha! Well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I signed up twice, at #2 and #22. And neither time did I specify a level! :O

    Please sign me up for level 2, and we'll see if I beat that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for joining up (no matter how many times). ;)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...