Monday, July 1, 2013

Monthly Report Card- June 2013

June has been plenty busy, hectic, stressful, but yet enjoyable. Some of my goals I aced, some I unfortunately didn't. So here's how it went.

Read or Re-Read at least 10 books- A

This was achieved. I got halfway through the month and wasn't so sure I could do it but I did. However, let me be honest, about half of them are audiobooks. This was not something I planned for but I think it is only fair to count them. I ended up having more times where I could listen to an audiobook and not always time to actually read. So I read/listened to The Watsons, Sandition, Ultimate Proof of Creation, The Black Arrow (Half audiobook half read), The Taming of the Shrew (audiobook), and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I re-read/listened to The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, Much Ado about Nothing (audiobook), and Pride and Prejudice. I also started re-reading and am about half way through The Return of the King, and I started listening to The Innocence of Father Brown. 

Exercise in some form at least fifteen minutes a day-A

I faithfully did it every day except one but to be fair, I spent pretty much the whole day being active helping out at a day camp so I think we can let that one pass.

Stick to my diet- A

It was hard, but I only had three cheat days. 

Cut down on my electronics time- C

I tried to make a conscious effort to do it and it helped some but I still need to work on it. 

Write at least five more blog posts this month- A

Exactly five. I just wasn't in the blogging swing this month I guess. I really had to work at it to get my five posts in. I had one post full of greek yogurt recipes, another post that included a movie review of Wreck it Ralph, a recipe post for creamy avocado pasta, a post about my new audiobook love, and finally a post all about Jane Austen's books and the various film adaptations. Check them all out!

Read through and study the book of Romans- B

I read through it, but I am not sure I was so good about the studying part. I did read slowly and concentrate on it though. I really enjoyed it. There was so much theology in it that my head was swimming. I strongly encourage everyone to read it. 

Work on my writing- B

I didn't manage to really make any progress. All I really managed to do was write a little on one story, come up with and work on a new story idea, and avoid my actual novel all together. However, I did work on my writing in those lame lazy forms so that counts for something I suppose.

Memorize some scripture- F

No. I do know what I want to memorize, the scripture for the VBS that my church will be doing. However, I didn't actually memorize it. 

Try at least three new recipes- A!!!

I tried a ton of new recipes actually this month. Far too many to list off. Tons of delicious fun! :)

So a month of ups and downs. I'm not really sure of my average... eyeballing it I'd say a B- or C+. 


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...