Monday, July 1, 2013

Monthly Resolutions- July 2013

Yeah for July! A very hot and tiring month. I have just come to the realization that after July is August and August means school starts up again... something is wrong here.

Read or Re-read/Listen to at least 10 books

Making allowance for audiobooks this month. So much more I want to get read or listen to. Looking forward to a good month of reading/listening! :)

Exercise in some for at least fifteen minutes six days a week

I have decided to be a little more lax about that goal this month. Technically anyways I should take a break from exercise every once and a while.

Stick to my diet

I'm not giving myself a limit with cheat days this month. I just know that there's going to be a lot going on. I'll try my best to keep it to three cheat days but I'm not making that part of the goal. I do know that I am looking forward to a very delicious 4th of July where I'm not going to really care about what I eat too much. 

Cut down on electronics time

Because I still need to work on that.

Write at least five more blog posts this month

I'm not sure I can do five with all the hecticness of this month but I'll try my best... you can ask no more!

Read through and study 1 and 2 Corinthians

I really enjoyed reading through Romans and when I was done I saw that 1 Corinthians was next. I counted up the chapters in the two books and it's 29 so I'm going for it! 

Memorize that scripture!!!

And I'd better get that done quickly before VBS starts in a couple weeks.

Try at least three new recipes

What a delicious sounding goal... don't you agree? :)

Start Praying

I'm very bad about telling people I'll pray for them... and then forgetting to. So I want to start keeping a little prayer journal. I even found an app for my iPhone. Since I always have my iPhone on hand I can just whip it out when people tell me about something and enter in there so I CAN'T forget... at least that's the plan.

Be Patient with what the future brings

There are probably going to be some changes made in these next couple months that are going to influence me a lot. It hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped with my sister and I living at our grandparents and caring for them. It's a long story but the long and short of it is that despite our best efforts (and I mean best) we can only do so much. So we aren't quite sure yet what is going to happen but something is. So please pray for my family with this transition and that I will have patience. 

In case you are wondering what all busyness I will have going on this month here it is. I have VBS in a couple weeks which I am helping with, the county fair where I will be exhibiting stuff (for the last time... I'll be too old next year) for 4-H, and that is all on top of my normal duties at work and taking care of my grandparents. Then I have a lot of things I need to get done for the nursing program too before I start that up in the fall. Yes I am very busy. Anyone else have a super busy month for July?

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois, I'm doing a prayer journal this month, too. :) I'll be praying for your family during your transition.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...