Friday, April 12, 2013

Life is Looking Up

Life has been fairly stressful this semester, with my Grandma having her stroke, difficult classes, trying to lose weight, and just life in general. However, it has been looking up recently.

First off, I got a really good grade on my last Pathophysiology test, which made me so happy I almost cried... my tutor did. Studying pays off.

After giving blood.
Then I got to cross one of the items off my Bucket List... I gave blood. That was actually a really big deal for me, as I am afraid of needles. However, I promised my tutor last semester in a moment of weakness that when the Red Cross came to Butler for its next blood drive I would. So I did and actually it wasn't too bad. I looked away whenever they poked me and everything went smoothly. Afterwards I didn't have any juice or cookies... just a sloppy joe and then I ended up feeling really faint so then the nurse made me have juice and cookies. So my diet wasn't the best that day but I think all things considered, eating a little unhealthily that one day was probably better than passing out.

My Grandma had surgery to unclog her carotid artery and that went well too. Hopefully she will be able to move back home within the next three weeks. She has made incredible progress though still cannot talk. Prayers appreciated there.

All in all life has definitely been looking up. Also, I was able to check out The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and Wreck it Ralph from the library so I'll get to re-watch the first and finally getting to watch the second this weekend. Look for a review of Wreck it Ralph in the near future and until then.... God Bless!

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...