Monday, April 15, 2013

Mid-Month Progress Report- April 2013

Well halfway through April already... and I almost typed in March there... shows how far behind I am.

Study!!!

I am doing pretty well on this. After my upset last month after not studying on Spring Break I dove into my next unit of Pathophysiology with a renewed effort and pulled out of my most recent test really well... better than I have every have done before actually. :)

Read or Re-read at least 5 books

Let this be warning to me, little triumphs can get to my head. That said, despite my reaching my 5 book goal last month, I will need to do some serious reading to accomplish it this month. Not a book has been read yet! I did read some more in the Silmarillion.... most namely the story of Beren and Luthien, which is REALLY good. I thought all of those years that my brother was just geeking out over nothing... I was wrong. I also started re-reading Northanger Abbey last evening. 

Exercise in some form at least 3 times a week

Most absolutely.

Stick to my diet

I am doing well on this. I have had one splurge day so far... but as always I surrounded it in salads. After I gave blood last week I also had to eat a lot more to renew my energy/nutrients. I honestly almost passed out because at first I passed up the juice and cookies so I ended up having to eat them anyways. However, I figured that between passing out and eating a little more "bad for me stuff" than normal, I chose the better of the two options. 

Lose 4 pounds

I lost two pretty quickly at the beginning of this month but now I am struggling to drop any lower. However, I still have half of the month. Just two more to go. 

Cut down on computer time

I have been making more of a conscious effort to do this and it has helped a lot. Most of the time I just get on my computer to listen to music while I study (which I know isn't the most productive form of studying) and then I get distracted by the internet, ect.  So I just think it would be in my best interest to get an iPod so my computer won't distract me... right? Nope, I'm not convincing myself.

Write at least three more blog posts this month

Already completed and I even have a whole bunch more lined up all having to do in some form or another with Jane Austen. Let's just say I'm a little in the Jane Austen mood right now.

So that's my progress! Hope y'all have a great rest of March... I mean April. 

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...