Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monthly Resolutions- January 2013

Another year gone and another month for resolutions.  This month I am going for simplicity.

Study for the TEAS test

A goal I did nothing about last month but I definitely need to get done this month.  I have registered for the test for February and I won't have as much time to study for it when school gets going so I had better start now.

Read or Re-Read at least 5 books

Obviously last month I way over thought how many books I could get read.  So THIS month I'll just go for 5 and see how it goes.  As my dear friend eBeth suggested, I am going for a Tolkien month.  I'm going to re-read The Lord of the Rings trilogy, read the Silmarillion, perhaps re-read The Hobbit, and then I have a set of books about The Lord of the Rings that I want to read as well.  Then, if I have any time left I'll try and read some other books on my mental "want to read or re-read list".  However, I doubt I'll have any extra time. 

Do Plyometrics at least 3 times per week

This goal is only for the first two weeks. Over Christmas break some of my cousins and my uncle took up plyometrics and I joined in.  Being as incredibly out of shape as I am, it killed me the first couple days and I was limping all over the house groaning over my sore legs.  However, since I am going skiing in just three weeks, I had better get into shape or suffer the devastating consequences. 

Take one walk per week

I am a little more conservative with my walks this month as I'll be doing all that delightful plyometrics.

Write at least three more blog posts this month

Again it is a minuscule amount so hopefully I can be an overachiever this month. :)  Note that the three blog posts do not include the ones about my resolutions because that would be cheating. 

Post inspired by Kelli at She Learns as She Goes.

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...