Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Top Ten Books I Could Re-read Forever

This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is the Top Ten Books I Could Re-Read Forever. This isn't even a hypothetical list. These are the books I"m pretty sure I've re-read the most and I'm pretty sure I'll just keep re-reading them... forever.

  1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- I've lost track of how many times I've read my favorite book. 
  2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien- Again I've lost track of how many times I've re-read this classic. I know it's probably been less than some as it's longer but I've still read it many times.
  3. Coronation of Glory by Deborah Meroff- Something about this book and the story of Lady Jane Grey really appeals to me and I've revisited this book many times. 
  4. Leave it to Psmith by P.G. Wodehouse- My favorite of P.G. Wodehouse's novels and one I've re-read and, now that I have an audiobook of it, re-listenend to a lot. 
  5. This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti- I've re-read these two books countless times. Are they the greatest books? Not really. Do I still love them? Yup! 
  6. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- No explanation needed here.
  7. The Redwall series by Brian Jacques- I haven't re-read these in awhile but I did a ton as a kid and my heart longs to revisit the series. 
  8. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis- I've read this the most of the Chronicles of Narnia series for good reason... it's the best! 
  9. Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery- Read and re-read over and over gain. One can't get enough of this spunky ginger! 
  10. The Wizard of Oz series by L. Frank Baum- Again I haven't re-read these in a while, except the first book for book club last year, but I re-read this series so many times as a kid and I really want to re-read them again. 

This post just makes me want to go back and re-read a few of my favorites!
What about you? What are the books you could re-read forever?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
    The Hobbit by Tolkien
    The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
    The Chronicles of Narnia by Lewis
    Till We Have Faces by Lewis
    Dracula by Bram Stoker
    Smith of Wootton Major by Tolkien (throw in Farmer Giles of Ham with that too)(also Leaf by Niggle)
    101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith
    The Hound of the Baskervilles & also the Sherlock Holmes short stories by Arthur Conan Doyle
    The short stories of Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple by Agatha Christie

    There a lot of disaster books I could put on there but I wanted to stay with mainly fiction for the top ten.

    Sadly, up until a few years ago, Harry Potter would've been high on the list of books I would reread forever. Unfortunately, I was heavily involved in the fandom and saw a great many friends become foaming at the mouth social justice warriors and others lose their faith, not solely because of Harry Potter of course but it played a role in smoothing the way for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, 'Horse and his Boy' is the best and the most re-readable! I think because it's like a straightforward fairytale/adventure story, so it's comforting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely could reread the Anne series and the HP series over (I'm due for a re-read this year).

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...