Monday, May 1, 2017

It's Monday! One Month Out!

Life seems to be flying by right now... flying and standing still. The wedding is now less than one month away! It seems so close and yet so far away.  I keep see-sawing between exhilirating joy and terrifying anxiety. I'm so excited to be marrying Brian but a little afraid of the changes that will be happening. I guess though Brian is the person with whom I'd most like to be facing these changes.
This past weekend I was able to enjoy a women's retreat at church where we were blessed to have Gracia Burnham speak. I didn't know who she was before the retreat.... which shocked my mother.... but now that I do I'd say if you don't look her up and learn her story. Absolutely inspiring! Additionally she's such a sweet lady and so personal. I got her books and I'm so excited to read them!
And speaking of reading.... here's what I've been up to in the reading department recently!

Currently Reading

  • Home by Marilynne Robinson
  • In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham 
  • In Freedom's Cause by G.A. Henty (re-read) (audiobook)
  • Catching Foxes by John Henderson 
  • Total Truth by Nancy Pearce

Coming Soon

  • Another pre-marital counseling book 
  • Lila by Marilynne Robinson (hopefully)
Obviously I've overbooked myself in the reading department! I need to finish Home and Lila before my wedding as well as my pre-marital counseling book..... I'm doomed! Time for some reading therapy to help me get through the wedding stress! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet you are excited!!

    Gracia Burnham! My parents went to college with her husband and some of her in-laws (I think Gracia worked at the college when Dad was there) and their kidnapping was a part of my childhood I will always remember. About 2 years ago Mum went to a Voice of the Martyrs conference and was able to meet her.

    In Freedom's cause. Love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a little over a month I get to officiate at a wedding. Which isn't nearly as exciting, especially for a pastor, as getting married was.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...