I've seen this tag awn a few different blogs and naturally had to steal it!
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest? I'm not even sure. Probably my Chronicles of Narnia collection.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next? Currently I'm reading Home by Marilynne Robinson. I just finished Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. Next I'm not sure. There's another book I need to read for premarital counseling and then once I'm done with Home I'll read the next book in the series Lila.
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated? Gulliver's Travels. HATE IT. And Wutheirng Heights. I guess not everyone likes it but a lot must because it's a classic.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t? At this point I'm really worried I'll never get to War and Peace. I really want to though... but I might not.
5. What book are you saving for retirement? Maybe it should be War and Peace? ;)
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end? Wait until the end of course! I honestly have a hard time comprehending people that read ahead.
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside? Interesting but let's get to the good stuff!
8. Which book character would you switch places with? Anne Shirley AFTER she came to Green Gables.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?) I tend to associate every book I read when I was working at the pig farm with the pig farm. More so than anything I've ever read in another location. This especially goes for Little Dorrit as not only did I read it there but I watched it there. Our Mutual Friend as well I definitely link strongly to the pig farm.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way. I can't think of any of my books that I've acquired in an interesting way. I've got them from many random sources: gifts, book sales, giveaways.... stole from my parents. ;)
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person? I've given away a lot of books before... not for a special reason though that I can think of.
12. Which book has been with you most places? Probably my Bible.... I guess. That's what I consistently take with me when I travel. Besides that the books I'm traveling with vary.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later? I enjoyed Ivanhoe a lot more when I re-read it a couple years ago than when I read it back in high school.
14. Used or brand new? If I can get it brand new for a decent price then great! Otherwise I'd rather pay less for a slightly used book.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book? No.
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book? Sacrilegious! However, I do kind of like the movie of The Book Thief a little more than the book.
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included? All of Brian Jacques's books made me hungry. How could they not.?Every feast was described with such tantalizing details.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take? My dad's.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving? Cinder and the rest in the Lunar Chronicles. I rarely read YA novels and sci-fi fairy tales aren't something I read normally either. ;)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin