Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Top Ten Books You Can't Help But Read in One Sitting

The theme for this week's Top Ten Tuesday over at Broke and Bookish is a Read In One Sitting Theme: ten of the shortest books I've read, top ten books I read in one sitting, ten books to read when you are short on time, top ten books that will make you read the whole day away, etc.
So I'm going with my top ten books I can't help but read in one sitting or I did read in one sitting.

  1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling- One of her only books you can read in one sitting
  2. The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien- Yes I've read this in basically one sitting. Traditionally when I'm re-reading the trilogy I read The Two Towers the fastest... I read it in two days once. So technically two sittings but that's not bad for LOTR. 
  3. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum- I read it in like two hours just last month. I had to get it done for book club and while I was pretty sure I could go off of memory from my previous re-reads I didn't want to risk it. 
  4. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee- I read this one in two hours too. 
  5. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket- I'm working through the series right now but each time I pick up one of the books it's less than two hours and I'm done. They're quick and fun reads. 
  6. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis- Or any of them in the series. They're quick, fun and easy to read. Especially The Horse and His Boy obviously! 
  7. Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw- Love this book. Fun, suspenseful, romantic historical fiction. You can't help but read it in one sitting! 
  8. The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery- I couldn't help but read this one in one sitting either. I LOVE this book! LOVE IT!!!! If you like Anne of Green Gables but want something a little older than READ IT!!!! 
  9. Little House one the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder- All of her books are great one afternoon reads. And so nostalgic! 
  10. Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange- Most of the books in her Diary's series I read in one sitting. 
  11. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein- I think I read it over two days but it was fast! That book engaged me like few have before. 
  12. Carry on Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham- One sitting cause it's SO GOOD!!! 
  13. Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransom- I read almost all of the books in that series in one sitting or two. They're so much fun! 
Okay I have to cut myself off here. I know I went over but there are actually so many more I could list here! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I loved The Blue Castle also -- but it has the cheesiest cover EVER. And I am sorry to say I tried reading Swallows and Amazons and just could not get into it. Maybe it just wasn't the right time. I know it's beloved by many so I really do want to read it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe you read the Two Towers in basically one sitting! Raced through them when I was younger but now I struggle to get out of the Shire in the first book... Maybe I should just skip straight to Two Towers. (Yes to 'Horse and his Boy' though - impossible to put down once you start!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on reading Amanda Grange's books in one sitting; it's hard not to! lol. I definitely listed one of her books on my list this week. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Blue Castle and Mara, Daughter of the Nile. I am going to have to try harder to get into A Series of Unfortunate Events. I think I can finish at least some HP books in one sitting.

    Carry on Mr. Bowditch is not a fav. I remember Mom making us read it for school and not being pleased. And I DESPISE Code Name Verity. I've been meaning to do a review/comparison for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good books on this list! Rainy spring days make you want to just sit and read a book all day. Time to escape to Narnia or Middle Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that's so cool you can get through The Two Towers that fast!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...