Meredith at On Stories and Words is having a Beauty and the Beast week over on her blog and has this fun tag which I couldn't resist!
1.When did you first experience Beauty and the Beast? I grew up with it! It was my favorite Disney film as a child and continues to be my favorite now.
2. In what forms(book, movie, retelling) have you experienced Beauty and the Beast? I've watched the Disney film obviously and I've read various children's versions of the story and Andrew Lang's in his Fairy books. I read Beauty by Robin McKinley, which was one of my favorite books as a child. I think I've seen part of an old black and white French version too. I also saw our local Christian Youth Theater put on a production of it that was excellent. Some would call The Phantom of the Opera a version of it and I've read it and seen the film. When I was looking up books that are considered Beauty and the Beast adaptations just now one that popped up that I was surprised by was Scarlett by Marissa Meyer. It's supposed to be Little Red Riding Hood but when I thought about it really does have some strong likenesses to Beauty and the Beast too.
3. Who is your favorite character in Beauty and the Beast? Belle! She loves reading, adventures and has a quirky father. That's me! ;)
4. What is your favorite song from the cartoon Beauty and the Beast? The opening song... Belle. It sets up the movie so perfectly and resonates with me. Of course Be Our Guest is another great one.... all of the songs are awesome!
5. If you were turned into a piece of furniture what you want it to be? Hmmm. Deep question. I'm not great with fashion but I do love dressing up so maybe a wardrobe? It's so fun to get all pretty for no reason!
6. What would your dream cast for Beauty and the Beast be? (This can be as elaborate or simple as you desire.) Hmmm. Never really thought about that. I don't have an answer for this one.
7. If your school were performing BatB which character would you want to play? Belle! Obviously!
8. Like Belle, do you enjoy reading books multiple times? Absolutely! If it's a true favorite I will read that book so many times it falls to pieces.
9. If you were to write a retelling, what would you change? No thoughts on this yet.... never really thought about it before. I think it would be fun to do though and now I am going to muse on this.
10. Are roses your favorite flowers? No.... I like them but not my favorite. My favorites would probably be chrysanthemums.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin