Saturday, May 10, 2014

Classics Club Spin: May 2014

I'm going to do my first Classics Club spin! Here are the rules! 

  • Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
  • Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
  • Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
  • Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
  • The challenge is to read that book by July 7, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
Since I am almost (so close!) out of school I'll have some time soon to read, which I am super excited out. :) So here's my list. 
Book's I'm dreading
1. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
2. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
5. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Book's I'm looking forward to
6. Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens
7. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
8. Arsenic and Old Lace by Joseph Kesselring
9. The Book of Lost Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Pygmilion by George Bernard Shaw
Books I'm neutral about
11. The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
12. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
13. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
14. Bridge Over the River Kwai by Pierre Boulle
15. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
Free Choice (Shakespeare)
16. As You Like It by William Shakespeare
17. Henry V by William Shakespeare
18. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
19. Hamlet by William Shakesperae
20. The Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

I'll be back on Monday to post which one got chosen! It's pretty crazy right now with finals just next week so I might forget... :( As soon as these icky finals are over hopefully you'll be seeing me post more on the blog. :) 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Great list, I need to read more classics. I have started listening to some because I find it easier to do, but only if there is a great voice narrating..lol. I am curious though why you dread those on your dread list. :) (Maybe I can understand Wuthering Heights. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just heard that the Bronte sisters books tend to be more Gothic and while I enjoyed Jane Eyre, I think much more Gothic than that I wouldn't enjoy. And yes, I've heard the plot line of Wuthering Heights and I'm pretty sure I will NOT Enjoy it. We'll see though. :) Atlas Shrugged I just know is really long so that's why I'm dreading it.
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the spins! They're a lot of fun!
    I definitely see a trend with the books you're dreading... I've read Wuthering Heights, and it is a bit more Gothic than Jane Eyre. I liked Jane Eyre better than Wuthering Heights, but WH was definitely not terrible. There were parts in the middle that I didn't enjoy, but near the end everything calms down, which redeems it for me. :-)
    Pygmalion is fun - though if you think it's going to be like My Fair Lady, you'll be surprised.
    I hope you get something you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was kind of expecting it to be like My Fair Lady but I guess I'm forewarned now. ;) I have seen a film version of Pygmalion as well though.
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...