Friday, February 1, 2013

Monthly Resolutions- February 2013

I can't believe one month of the new year has already been and gone and we are into the second month of the year.  February?  Wow, we are clipping along. :)  Again this month I am going to try for simplicity this month.  I'll have plenty going on so there is no use in complicating things.  You will notice that I do have more goals then last month but the two I added (computer time and online dominion) should help me with my other goals.

Study for the TEAS test INTENSLY

It is the final stretch.  As I said in an earlier post, I am scheduled to take the test February 12th so that is just around the corner. 

Read or Re-Read at least 5 books

I feel like this was a good number last month, I just had really long books. So this month I'll try for some shorter books and take it easier.  There are several classics that I haven't read that I want to read like The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Far from the Madding Crowd and Gods and Generals.  I also have already started The Silmarillion so I'll need to finish that up too.  Then I am thinking of re-reading The Swiss Family Robinson.  With a thousand plus books to choose from (I don't kid on that number, my family has that many), I really am not at a loss for books, but for time. :)

Take one Walk per Week

I really just want to get some sort of exercise done and with the little time that I have that seems to be the best way to do it.  Hopefully I'll do better on this then I did last month.

Play only up to three games of online Dominion per day

I am becoming a little obsessed with the game and especially when I'm losing a lot, I just keep playing so this is to stop me from wasting my time with that. 

Cut down on my computer use

Every time I have "nothing to do" I always pull at my computer.  I need to stop doing that!!!  It is a big distraction and it is straying me away from studying.  

Write at least three more blog posts this month

Three is my magic number when it comes to blog post goals.  If I have a bad month I'm covered, and if I don't, then I get a good looking A+ on my grade. :)

Six goals this month but they are all tough ones so we'll see how it goes. :)
By the way, how do you like the new template? I know it is pretty crazily colorful so we'll see how it works. :)

Linking up with Keli at She Learns as She Goes

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like some good goals. I totally understand having to monitor how much time you spend on the computer... For the first few days after I get a new game, I tend to play it every spare moment that I get. Good luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...