Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lazy

We are incredibly spoiled in today's society.  Getting up so I can to work at eight is a major league chore for me, but it SHOULDN'T be.  If today's teenagers were told they had to get up when farmers did and still do, they would get the shock of a lifetime.  If today's teenagers were told that chores came before recreation their jaws would drop.  We have become so lazy and today's society displays this.  Going out to eat is a no brainer anymore because we are unwilling to take the time to make a meal that would actually most likely cost less and be healthier.  Texting people is now the preferred mode of communication because actually talking face to face with people is just WAY too difficult.
Working hard is not something that is emphasized anymore, which is why I meet so many lazy college college students.  I have talked to students who say that they would be perfectly happy with a C and if they got a B that would pretty much be heaven.  Standards are so low that no one really expects much of you.  When I was in highschool taking classes at the local community college, I was considered a genius because I was so young but taking those upper level courses.  I am not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, I just work hard.
A little (no make that a lot) leadership needs to be taken by today's youth.  We need to take responsibility for our own actions and buckle down and work hard.  I am not exempting myself from sometimes being lazy, aren't we all?  However, I do work hard.


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...