Friday, May 11, 2012

Highschool and Beyond: Reflecting on my Past, Present, and Future

Yesterday I went to the store and got a travel mug so this morning I was able to make a cup of tea and bring it with me to work, something I have wanted to do for the last semester.  So now I am sitting at the circulation desk, sipping my pleasantly hot chai tea, reflecting on the past and the future.
This evening I will graduate from high school.  It has taken me about fourteen years of schooling by two diligent parents for me to reach this point.  I can still remember my mom going over with me over and over again that "a" says ay or ah and about the magic e.  Now I have read several thousand books.  There were those days when I would labor into the evening finishing my math lesson, trying to figure out this whole multiplication thing.  Now I have taken Calculus.
I have come so far since then, farther than I ever could have dreamed as a little four year old just learning to read.  College seemed like a joke in those days; something very old people would go to, like teenagers.  Now college is a reality. 
I realize now how little control I have over the future.  Of course the decisions I make and my actions that follow will partly control it but as anyone knows, disruptions are always just around the corner.  No matter how much you can plan out a perfect future, something always tends to go wrong, sometimes disastrously wrong.  It gives me comfort, however, to know that even if something comes up that I didn't expect, it wasn't something that God didn't expect.  So whatever is in my next few years of life: fun, learning, pain, sorrow; I know God is in control.

"And right now, in the good times and bad, You are on Your throne, You are God alone."- Your are God Alone by Phillips, Craig, and Dean

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...