Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday! Sleepless

Just when I thought I was getting used to the night shift and being able to get my sleep in this week messed with my sleep majorly. I had two sleepless nights that weren't meant to be sleepless (aka I wasn't working them) and then three straight nights of work. It was rough. Hopefully this next week won't be quite so messed up.
Sleepless nights did leave me lots of time for reading though so that wasn't all bad.
This made me laugh. I honestly was trying to get to sleep though! 

Finished this Past Week

  • The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield- An absolutely amazing book. Hopefully I'll have a review out soon. All I'll say for now is that it is one of the best books I've ever read. 
  • Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (re-read)
  • These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder (re-read)- Oh my goodness I will never get tired of Almanzo and Laura's adorable courtship. I have probably re-read this one the most of the series. 

Currently Reading

  • Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
  • The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin (abridged) 
  • The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (re-read) (audiobook)
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (audiobook)
  • The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens

Coming Soon

I want to read some more non-fiction soon but I would like to finish up Calvin's Institues (almost done!) before starting another hefty theology book so for now I'm going to try some lighter ones.
  • Mr. Midshipman Hornblower by C.S. Forster
  • Through Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot  

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. After a comment like that, I must read Unlikely Convert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert. Enjoy reading this week!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of a job do you have?

    I tagged you for the Infinity Dreams Award/Tag here:

    http://thefloweringvales.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-infinity-dreams-awardtag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice week last week on finishing so many books.

    It takes me a while to finish a book. I spend too much time on my blog and other blogs. :)

    I hope you are having a good week so far this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'd get more reading done if I blogged less. ;)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...