Friday, March 8, 2013

How Many Bad Words can I Cram into One Sentence?

If you go to a secular college like I do, you'll have heard those people who can't seem to be able to talk unless they have a few bad words thrown into each sentence.  To you people, I just want to let you know, you sound like idiots.  If your vocabulary is so severely limited to the "top ten dirtiest words", then I think you just might need to expand it... and not to the "top twenty dirtiest words" please.  Additionally, there is no more inane reason to use a million bad words, then over a tiny little incident... like your phone isn't working fast enough, or you dropped your phone and it broke (but you're going to get a replacement tomorrow), or you have to pay for your own phone, or really, anything to do with your phone.  People did live without phones once upon time.
And there are those students who talk about their parents using plenty of colorful language.  They are your parents, show them a little respect. I hear students say something very similar to this all of the time: "So my parents told me that if I wanted to use their car I would have to pay for gas and I was like 'explicative deleted'."  WHAT????
Only today I heard some girls talking outside our classroom and they were seriously talking with at least one bad word per sentence, if not more. Is that a rate now? Bad words per sentence... BWPS.  Because I think they just broke the limit and I am all for giving them a ticket.
To sum it up, whenever you use bad language, not only do you sound uneducated, but it is rude and offensive. So next time you are frustrated or at a loss for what to say, don't think "How many bad words can I cram into one sentence," instead think of this quote from P.G. Wodehouse, "...The richest and most varied language the world has ever known, crammed full from end to end with red hot adjectives..."
Enough said.

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...