Wednesday, May 2, 2012

An Awesome God

 "Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."- Psalm 23:6
As I become more and more stressed out with finals week just around the corner, that verse from the Word of God continually reminds me of His grace towards me and that I don't need to worry or be anxious for anything because my God is an awesome God (and I don't mean awesome like people use it today meaning "cool", I mean awesome as in AWE INSPIRING).
My God parted the Red Sea, fed his people in the wilderness, conquered nations, sent His only Son to earth where He healed the sick, fed five thousand with five loaves of bread and two fish, raised Lazarus from the dead, died on the cross for our sins, rose again on the third day and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father where He is continually interceding for our sins. 
I don't think a few tests are going to be any problem for Him and even if I don't ace them, I know that He has a reason and that though I may not understand it, He does.  My God is an Awesome God!

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! Where would we be without our awe-inspiring God!! Praying for you as you study and know that God will reward you for your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...