Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Little Life, A Little Hobbit

It's been a looooong time since I've posted. I don't feel like I've had a lot to say and I've been busy/lazy so I haven't been very active in the blogosphere. I haven't been reading too much either, except for to our precious little Hobbit. With that in mind, this post will mostly be about life and baby.
On our family vacation to North Carolina this summer.
I've found that even though I'm working only one day a week since having our little Hobbit I am busier then I ever was. Part of that is definitely just having a baby it part of it is also that I find myself with all of this free time I never had before and I keep trying to fill it up with all the things I've wanted to do and haven't been able to and I go a little overboard. I'm able to get together with my friends a little bit more, be involved in a women's bible study and I take our Hobbit to baby story time at the library. I'm not the best time manager in my life though so that's probably a big part of my issues. Oftentimes I feel overwhelmed and I've discovered a messy kitchen is often the cause and a clean kitchen can make me feel less overwhelmed. Getting places takes longer and is so much more involved with a baby. I have to budget so much more time than I ever did before. Every moment with our little Hobbit is worth it though.




Our little Hobbit is now six months. She amazes me everyday and I still have trouble sometimes believing she's mine. She's crawling, sitting up and pulling up. I'm scared but excited to see what she does next. She's very determined and stubborn. Right now we are learning "no" as she tries to get in to everything. Since our theme for her nursery (and obviously her nickname) was "Hobbit" we were given a lot of items that went with that theme. I've loved using them for photo props for her monthly pictures. 








One of the hardest parts of being a new mom has been figuring out breastfeeding. It's certainly not as simple as seasoned moms make it look but what I've learned fro those seasoned moms was it was not easy for them when they started out and sometimes even now it's not easy. I'm so blessed though that we are six months strong with our journey. 
I love watching TV shows while nursing. I have sped through Gilmore Girls (so many thoughts about this show... not sure if I wasted my time or not) and Agents of Shield, caught up with Call the Midwife, have one season of Daredevil down and right now I'm watching Brooklyn 99. It's been fun to watch shows that I had never gotten around to yet. Then Brian and I watch shows together too. We honestly watch too many shows at the same time. We recently finished our rewatch of The Office. We're watching Arrested Development, Seinfield, Frasier and Star Trek: Next Generation (this is all Brian's idea... I am not a Trekkie but he is). All of those are shows that Brian has already watched but it's my first time watching them. We also recently finished White Collar, which was a first time watch for both of us. 
We have made it to the movies a couple times sine having our little Hobbit. The first time we did Avengers: Infinity War and dinner and Brian's parents watched her. The next time we did the drive in, which was fun as ti was a first for both of us. Since it was the drive in we were able to take her. That worked out really well except we were out super late! At the drive in we got to Watch Incredibles 2 and Ant Man and the Wasp. 


We had a Reformation Day party this past weekend, which seems appropriate to mention since today is Reformation Day. We've never had so many people in our house before!  It was crazy but tons of fun. It was a beautiful time of unity as we had people from four different local churches represented. Now we just need to get around to watching the Luther movie! 





On a final note. I just want to give a huge shout out to my husband. He has been my rock in this journey through motherhood. He's so incredibly patient and sweet and I don't know how I would do it without him. As my luck would have it, Abby seems to be infatuated with him. How could she help it though? He's amazing!


So what's going in y'all's lives?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting! It's hard to do with a baby -- who is the cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable!!! Enjoyed reading this update on your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the past 2 years now I have been looking for good and genuine spell caster to bring back my ex lover back and also help me to win lottery,and it has been a hard time for me finding the right place until I get in contact with Dr Oseiboh who gave me powerful prayer and assured me that it will take two days before the spell will be effective,unbelievable the next two days i got a call from unknown number so i decided to pick the call the next thing i could hear was my love voice she was pleading and begging me on the phone that i should forgive her that i should forget all that have happened that she did not know what came over her,she promised not to leave for any reason, that she was really sorry for what she did,i was so surprised because i never believed that this could happen,so that was how i accepted her apology the next morning she came to my house and still pleading for me to forgive her i told her that everything is ok that i have forgiven her from my heart, that was how we started again, we are together now. thank you Dr Oseiboh for making her to know that we are meet to be together and also making my dreams to come true. And he did a spell that make me to win the lottery, Please if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,ANY FOUNDATION COURSES,REVENGE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droseiboh12@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2347017565415.All thanks goes to Dr oseiboh for the excessive work that he has done for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby sweaters new born 0 3 months kids baby sweaters vest woolen for baby girls boys sweaters set unisex woolen vest inner apna showroom
    Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Girl's Woolen Sweaters/Inner Vest for 0-3-6-9-12-18 months 1-2 years newborn baby sweaters (Multicolour) Unisex
    Apna Showroom Lice and Nits Removal Hair Comb for Women men kids Apna Showroom Dressing Hair Lice Louse Knit Comb for Men, Kids, Girls, Ladies And Women (apsw_girl_beauty_003)
    lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi nit louse removal comb plastic hair comb for men women girls apna showroom

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...