Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday- Characters I'd Name Something After

The theme for this week's Top Ten Tuesday is characters you'd name something (car/pet/kid) after.
It's a little scary how much I want to name my kids certain weird Tolkien names. I know I shouldn't but I do! Probably it would be better if I named my pets after them but it would be so much COOLER if my kid got named Gandalf don't you think? ;)
Anyways, here's my more realistic idea of what characters I would name a car/pet/kid after.

Children

  1. Darci(e) Elizabeth- I know I've mentioned this one here on the blog before. Obviously this one comes from Pride and Prejudice, my favorite book. I'm pretty stuck on this idea for a name though my family has tried to talk me out of it several times. I guess it will depend on what my future husband thinks of it. 
  2. Aiden or Tozer (as a middle name)- This is for one of my favorite theologians A.W. (Aiden Wilson) Tozer. 
  3. Arwen or Eowyn- I feel like these two are more realistic uses of Tolkien's names. They're not too weird. 
  4. Anne (as a middle name)- From Anne of Green Gables of course though it could also be for Anne Elliot in Persuasion. 
  5. Elinor, Eleanor, Elanor- I can't decide on how I would want this name spelled if I did utilize it. If I spelled it Elinor it could be after Elinor from Sense and Sensibility but if I spelled it Elanor it would be after Sam and Rosie's daughter in LOTR and then Eleanor is just another spelling I like of the name. Too many choices! 
Vehicle
  1. Shadowflax- My car actually almost got name Shadowflax but I ended up going with Finn instead (which is not actually for Star Wars but that's a nice side effect).  
  2. T.A.R.D.I.S.- Not literally but I did also think about naming my car the T.A.R.D.I.S. and it would have been awesome. 
Pet
  1. Strider- From LOTR obviously. I knew a family who named their dog Strider and I always thought that was the neatest idea. 
  2. Bilbo- Bilbo is one of my favorite characters and I would definitely name a pet after him. Faramir- Because much as I want to name my kid after my favorite character from LOTR I don't think he would ever forgive me so I'll have to name the dog Faramir instead. 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...