Friday, September 23, 2016

The Baptismal Gown

Back in March I announced that I was going to be an Aunt. No the precious child has not arrived yet but she will be here soon!!! I also announced then that I was going to make her a baptismal/christening gown. That has (finally) arrived! It took me several months because I'm a dreadful procrastinator but it is completed. Knowing how much I procrastinate I made my deadline to have it finished the day of my sister-in-law's baby shower so I wouldn't be finishing it up as she was delivering the baby. Naturally, I finished it the day of her baby shower. I'm excited about how it turned out but it burned me out from crochet for a little while I think. The baby shower was absolutely splendiferous. It had a book theme naturally and I helped organize a mad libs game with classic children's stories that was fun.
Now I'm just eagerly awaiting the birth of my FIRST NIECE!!!! :)))))))
eBeth and I with the gown. 
The gown. 

Myself, eBeth and my little sister Betsy.
Final note: If you're interested THIS LINK is for the pattern. It's a free pattern and while it was challenging in parts it's a doable pattern and obviously has gorgeous results.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gown! It will really be a treasured heirloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful! Is that broomstick lace? I made a blanket with that once. A blanket that I suddenly remembered and now have no idea where it is... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is actually just basic baby yarn.

      Delete
  3. Lois that is gorgeous!!! And congratulations to you all.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...