I did have a crazy adventure while I was gone though. This past week when I went contra dancing as usual we had a horrible rain storm, the parking lot flooded and a whole bunch of us got flooded in. Thankfully nobody's car was damaged as we were all able to move our cars to high enough ground. We weren't able to get out though for a long time and not everybody got out until the middle of the night, while many of the people that did get out of there had to catch rides and leave their car there until the morning when the parking lot had dried up. It was kind of cool but also kind of scary at the same time. It made me miss when I was a kid and my parents dealt with all of those things but now I was the adult and I had to make sure I took care of my little siblings and ensured that they were safe. The teamwork was incredible though and so many of the guys were watching out for us ladies and helping us. Gentlemen still do exist!
Anyways.... books. :)
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (re-read)- I think I'm still caught up with the read-a-long. I got ahead so slowed down on reading it but since I've been so unplugged from the blogging world I'm not sure where I am with it now.
- Waverley by Sir Walter Scott- This one just isn't capturing me like Ivanhoe did so it's been slow reading.
- The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens- Unfortunately behind with this read-a-long.
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien (re-read) (audiobook)- I finally finished my re-read/listen of this trilogy! It was amazing and listening to them made this re-read unique and I felt I noticed more than I have in the past. I can't wait to review them!
- The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (re-reads)- It was fun to re-read these two and I can't wait to get to the rest of the series.
- Don Quixote by Miguel Cervantes
- The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis (re-read)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin