Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Calvin and Hobbes: The More Times You Read It the Better It Gets

Well first off, I love Calvin and Hobbes.  I loved them ever since I first started reading them about eight years ago or so.  At first I loved them because I found them humorous (of course), and then I began to see other great aspects to them.  It is amazing how much Bill Waterson was able to insert great elements of philosophy and theology into this simple comic strip.  One of my favorites is when Calvin is talking to Hobbes about how he had a test in school that day and he couldn't decide whether to cheat on the test or not.  Hobbes asks him what he ended up doing and Calvin says he ran out of time, the bell rang and he ended up handing in a blank paper.  "Anyways," he adds, "It just seemed wrong to cheat on an ethics test."  It is a humorous but thought provoking strips like that that I love to read.  However, beware giving your younger children these as there is some slight bad language in them.  Besides that, though, I would whole heartedly recommend them.  I enjoy them especially when I don't feel well and I really need a good laugh to put me in better spirits.

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...