Saturday, June 1, 2013

Monthly Resolutions- June 2013

So another month begins and resolutions must be made. I want to try some fun and different ones this month... to change it up a bit. I keep doing the same ones and it becomes too easy. Not to say I am getting a total revamp... but some new ones are required.

Re-occuring Goals... Though all tweaked a little bit

Read or Re-Read at least 10 books

That's right ten! I think I can do it and if I can't shame on me!  I want at least three of these to be theological/non-fiction. Speaking of which, at the homeschool convention this weekend I obtained several new books, which I am super excited about. I am now the proud owner of ALL of Jane Austen's books including, Sandition and The Watsons, which came in the copy of Northanger Abbey I bought. I can't wait to read those as I have always wanted to. I also loaded up on some Dickens, Tolkien, and Agatha Christie. 

Exercise in some form for at least fifteen minutes EVERY day

That's not asking for too much and already that is pretty much what I have been doing so this shouldn't be too hard for me. All I am asking for is fifteen minutes. 

Stick to my diet

I want to have less "cheat days". I have kept with once a week, and I really feel like I should have less then that. I am not trying to entirely restrict myself so sometimes I will indulge but I probably don't need to do that once a week. So I think for part of this goal I will try to limit myself to only three cheat days for the month of June.

Cut down on my electronics time

Computer and iPhone... though it would really be better if I used my computer more than I use my iPhone... if that makes any sense. 

Write at least FIVE more blog posts this month

I'm upping it this month! I have several drafts that I have let rot for far too long. They mostly involve movie reviews that I feel too lazy to think about writing. 

New Goals!!!

Read through and study the book of Romans

Romans is I think the most theologically heavy book in the Bible... though don't quote me on that... please. It seems to have all of those nuggets of truth though that people whip out at opportune moments. It has been awhile since I read it but I would really like to go back through it and spend some time studying it. 

Work on my writing

So I write in spurts... lame little spurts. I have the novel that I have been writing for forever, and the two that I randomly got inspired to write a few paragraphs on last month that I need to work on. I got a book from the library called First Draft in 30 Days, which really is more about writing a really detailed outline in 30 days. Anyways, so far it has been excellent and I want to make that kind of outline for everything I have going right now. That, and do some actual writing... that would be nice too. :)

Memorize some scripture

I memorized scripture back when I went to Sunday School and I more or less remember it. I am pretty good at paraphrasing a verse but definitely not knowing it word for word or where in the bible it comes from. So I really want to work on this. I am not sure quite yet what my plan is. I don't want to be too ambitious and I'll probably be starting small. Hopefully this can be a long term and ongoing goal.

Try at least three new recipes

Sometimes I get on spurts where I just start baking and baking. I love those moments... but my diet doesn't. Anyways, I digress. Though I did make a really good chocolate cake with chocolate peanut butter frosting recently.... recipe coming soon. So I want to find three new recipes and try them out. I have a ton that I have found over the last year or so on the internet that I just put into Evernote and forget about. I need to try them out!!!! What is the use of finding recipes if I never use them? Exactly. 

So old and new and hopefully plenty of fun for this month. I definitely wanted to add the goals about spending more time in God's word because eat the homeschool convention this weekend one speaker said something rather convicting. He was talking about how much time people spend watching TV, which I don't watch TV but I waste plenty of time on other stuff (cough, iPhone, cough) and he said that the average Christian is going to spend more time watching TV (or other stuff in my case) then going to church, Sunday school, spending time in the word of God. That kind of gave me a jolt about what my priorities are. 
If you missed it, I got accepted into the nursing program for my school for this coming Fall semester and I am SUPER excited. It's kind of crazy to think that it is finally going to happen. 
So make sure to check out Kelli's blog, which I am linking up with and have a great month! 

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...