Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

As my lazy Sunday afternoon draws to a close, I sit down to reflect on it.  First off, my kind of Sunday afternoon is one where I can be lazy.  It involves lying down with a book, playing a game with the family, watching a movie with the family, and above all drinking a cup of hot tea or coffee.  As spring and summer make their presence known, I suppose I will have to change that to a tall glass of iced tea or coffee, but I digress.  Sunday is that day of the week were we can just pause.  For my family we begin it by going to church in the morning and then finish it by coming home, eating lunch and then relaxing.  Sandwiched in between a previous week of busyness and a coming week of busyness, Sunday stands alone.  It isn't a "me" time though, it is a God time.  While it may seem like we restrict our God time to church in the morning, my family does carry that into the rest of the day as we spend time together as a family.
Treasure those Sundays of worship and rest.  Treasure those Sundays of family time.  You are blessed to have them.

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...