Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tea, History, and Snow!

My fingers are going numb!  I think my family should, without a doubt, move our computer upstairs where it is warmer:)  This morning I decided to indulge in a little history and a cup of cherry tea to try and forget about the snow and cold outside. So I read a little of volume four of  A Basic History of the United States by Clarence B. Carson.  His series of books on American history are very informative and intriguing, though they are sometimes hard to read.  I would definitely recommend them for high school and older.  Also for history lovers, if you have never picked up G.A. Henty's historical novels, do so now! They are the best historical novels I have read yet, covering from Ancient Egypt to the time of Queen Victoria.  The heroes of these books are real men, and the heroines real woman!  G.A. Henty's books leave you with all sorts of snippets of historical knowledge without you even realizing it!  These books work well for middle school age and up (one can never be to old for these), and are a perfect supplement to any history curriculum.  Well enjoy your day and happy tea drinking and reading!

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Post really provice useful information!

    Phục vụ cho nhu cầu giá cước vận chuyển hàng hóa bằng đường sắt ngày càng lớn, vận chuyển container nội địa và vận tải, gửi hàng hóa vận chuyển container bằng đường sắt cũng đã xây dựng nên những qui trình, dịch vụ dịch vụ vận chuyển ô tô bằng đường sắt chuyên nghiệp và có hệ thống. Đảm bảo mang đến chất lượng tốt nhất cho khách hàng sử dụng dịch vụ.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...