Friday, December 28, 2018

Back to the Classics 2018 Wrap Up Post

I actually got the Back to the Classics challenge done this year! Last year I just missed it so I was excited to complete the challenge this year. I'm also really looking forward to completing it next year!   Be sure to check out the 2019 challenge over at Books and Chocolate HERE.
But back to 2018!
Here's what I was able to complete this year!
1. A 19th century classic - The Way we Live Now by Anthony Trollope
2. A 20th century classic - The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
3. A classic by a woman author- The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot
4. A classic in translation- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
5. A classic with a color in the title- The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
6. A classic by an author that's new to you- The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
7. Re-read a favorite classic- Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling
I'm halfway through Kim which would have counted towards the one word title category but I ran out of time to complete it. Oh well! I did get seven books read in which counted towards one entry in the prize drawing.  It was a fun year of reading and I really enjoyed the books I did get read. War and Peace was obviously my biggest challenge and I actually really enjoyed it. Just So Stories was the easiest and shortest and it was nice to enjoy it again. Overall I loved all of the books I read and was pleasantly surprised by many of them.
I can't wait for a new year of experiencing the classics!
P.S. I can be contacted via my Goodreads account.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some impressive books on your list -- Tolstoy AND Henry James! Trollope (my personal favorite) AND George Eliot -- well done, you! Congratulations on finishing them, and thanks for participating in the Back to the Classics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices. I'm off to read your review of The Portrait of a Lady (the only Henry James I've liked). Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread Dracula, but since I do that every year... :)

    Congrats on War & Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tic tac hair clip for girls women ladies combo pack | Long Black | Metal | 3 Designs 18 Piece | Apna_Showroomwith desent look
    tik tak hair clips pins for women girls hair clips for women girls woman baby girls school office hair tiktak chimti tictac hair pin tic tac tiktak saree pins blousepin
    Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Combs for Men and Women Lice Shampoo combs set- Pack Of 3 - xzitv-03-inyz
    lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi nit louse removal comb plastic hair comb for men women girls apna showroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
    After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...