Thursday, January 21, 2016

Goodreads Tag

Tags are always fun and I found this one and just had to do it as I'm an avid Goodreads user.

  1. What is the last book you marked as "read"? Edmund Bertram's Diary by Amanda Grange
  2. What are you "currently reading"? I tend to read multiple books at a time anymore. Normally one new read fiction, one non-fiction and then one re-read and then depending I might also additionally have an audiobook but sometimes that crosses over with one of the aforementioned sections. Anyways, back to the point, I'm currently reading John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion (my non-fiction) and Lois Lowry's Gathering Blue (my audiobook and new read fiction) So actually no re-read currently. 
  3. What was the last book you marked as "to read"? Hana's Suitcase: The Quest to Solve a Holocaust Mystery by Karen Levine. This was a recommendation to me by a blogging friend and it does look intriguing! 
  4. What book do you plan on reading next? Either Henry Tilney's Diary or Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange. I'm reading through Amanda Grange's Austen heroes diary collection right now and those are the two I have left. 
  5. Do you use the star rating system? Yes! I actually think it helps me a little with deciding how I feel about a book. I do wish there were half stars though. 
  6. Are you doing the 2016 reading challenge? Yes! 105 books is my goal! 
  7. Do you have a wish list? Kind of a mental wish list but yes. I should actually write it out though because every year at Christmas and my birthday when my mom asks me what I want my mind goes blank.... until afterwards. 
  8. What book are you planning on buying next? Hard question! There's so many I want to buy but thankfully I did get a few of the ones I was craving for Christmas and my birthaday. I think I'd have to go with Jeff Shaara's God's and Generals. I've wanted it for a long time... since I read it actually. 
  9. What is your favorite quote? So many but when narrowing it down one just has to turn to Austen. 
  10. Who are your favorite authors? Jane Austen and J.R.R. Tolkien.... if you didn't know that you haven't been reading my blog for long. ;) 
  11. Are you a part of any Goodreads group? Just one.... a Jane Austen one. However I never do anything with it. :( 
  12. What could Goodreads do better? Two things pop to my mind. There needs to be a better way of recording re-reads/re-reading and there needs to be an easier way to record that you own a book. It's a pain. And half stars while you're at it. ;) 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. Can I just say I'm loving your header! Han Solo AND Pardison? Yes please! Anyway, this tag looks amazingly fun especially cuz I love Goodreads, so I'm probably gonna take it ;)
    I usually stick to three books at a time too! And I definitely need half stars in my life!
    Goodreads groups looked like so much fun when I started, but then I decided they weren't really for me...
    They need the ability to add more than one review to a book for a reread!
    I just absobloominlutely love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because both Han Solo and Pardison are awesome! Han Solo obviously is the best! :)

      Delete
  2. I need to read more of Grange's books. I've only read Wentworth's Diary and really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) The Barbarian Empires of the Steppes by Kenneth Harl

    2) Lots of things. I usually have half a dozen or more books going at one time.

    3) Can't rightly remember

    4) My plans for reading books are usually a theory more than a reality. I skip around so much.

    5) Yes, and I too want half stars & even quarter stars!

    6) Yes, I put myself down for 354 books.

    7) On Amazon and Audible I have pretty extensive wish lists, not on Goodreads though.

    8) Lots.

    9) So many of course. "In a hole in the ground there live a Hobbit" is always a great one. But two of the most powerful for me & which always make me weep are from Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis. I'm crying right now as I'm pasting them here.

    “When the time comes to you at which you will be forced at last to utter the speech which has lain at the center of your soul for years, which you have, all that time, idiot-like, been saying over and over, you'll not talk about the joy of words. I saw well why the gods do not speak to us openly, nor let us answer. Till that word can be dug out of us, why should they hear the babble that we think we mean? How can they meet us face to face till we have faces?”

    “Are the gods not just?"

    "Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?”

    10) C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Martin Luther

    11) No

    12) Half and quarter stars!

    This was a fun tag. Thanks for posting on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Till We Have Faces has some beautiful lines. I really need to re-read it. We definitely have some favorite authors in common. Agatha Christie is another of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  4. FYI, I've tagged you here: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-blogging-about-blogs-tag.html

    If you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half stars and recording re-reads WOULD be nice!

    By the way, was I supposed to link my reviews with the Linky tool for each book reviewed in the Hardcore Re-Reading Challenge? I'm a little scared to try, since it almost always comes out as multiple links when I use those...

    Also, am I supposed to post reviews for the books read in the 12 Month Classics Challenge? I don't mind posting reviews, but I was just wondering if it was an actual rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like reviews or periodic update posts or a wrap up post for both challenges. I've been meaning to post a link up for that but have not yet gotten around to it. :( Hopefully I'll have that up soon. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. And don't worry about the multiply links, it does that to most everybody... Especially me it feels like. ;)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...