Thursday, February 6, 2014

Frustratingly Spoiled

Two of Mama Kat's writing prompts this week were "write a blog post inspired by the word 'spoiled'" and "Something that frustrates you." Well, I thought that combining those two wasn't that hard so why not? One of the thing that frustrates me the most and has to do with spoiled is lazy people in college... don't tell me they aren't spoiled.
The fact that they are in college using my tax payer dollars to be there is a big part of the aggravation to me. I'm going to make a few stereotypes here but in my experience, they're true. A vast majority of the students I meet at college, even some of the better ones, go out and drink, experiment with drugs, cheat on their tests, don't actually write their own papers, don't show up to class, and in general are just lazy... then wonder why they are failing their classes and complain about it! Honey, you aren't in high school anymore... not that your high school should have been like that either. You go to college to go to college! If you want "the college experience" then don't spend my tax dollars... or your parent's money either. I feel like we are fostering a bunch of spoiled and lazy children (and I mean children) in colleges anymore. If you're in college, you should be acting like an adult. I started attending my local community college when I was sixteen and people didn't believe I was really that young because I acted more maturely than most of my fellow students. That's sad.
I know my experience has been limited to a community college but from what I've generally heard, it isn't too much different at state colleges. If college students put half the work into their classes that they put into achieving the next level of Candy Crush, they wouldn't be failing.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Interesting perspective. I agree, many kids in this generation are spoiled and ungrateful. But, and I'm going out on a limb here... many of the problems of this generation can be directly related to their upbringing. Parents afraid to parent responsibly for one reason or another. Too bad you are seeing the negative in school. I went back to college and got both my B.S. and M.S. as a single mother with 5 children. I was extremely grateful for the opportunity. It changed my life for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts Carol. :) I am always impressed by those who go back to school and have children. You all have a great dedication.
      I would agree, parenting has gone down hill in recent years and does contribute largely to the problem, though I would also place some of the blame on the public school system. In the end though, people are responsible for their own actions. :)

      Delete
  2. It seems to have become the norm that you go to College because that is what expected. For whatever reason these kids don't really have an idea of what they actually want to do so pick something vague to study and waste time for a few years till they figure it out. I agree totally, it is a waste of money whether it be taxpayers, parents or whomever paying.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...